Monday, December 8, 2014

Spinach Pesto a la Monica Potter

I recently had a friend post a picture on Facebook of her and her daughter with actress Monica Potter at the Cleveland IX Center Christmas Expo. Since then, I have become really intrigued with Mrs. Potter.

Before all of this, I have been indulging in Netflix Parenthood Episodes. I'm almost finished with season 3. She is one of my favorite characters on the show and now is becoming one of my cyber mentors since I have discovered her website. There are great homemade ideas for beauty products, food, gardening and decorating ideas as well as the sale of some handmade products that I understand are produced right here in Cleveland.

The most recent recipe I have tried is Mrs. Potter's spinach pesto. Pesto is one of my most favorite things to make in the summertime. And with the lack of basil in the winter, spinach pesto is a great substitute idea. And, it was yummy! We had it on rice pasta for dinner last night and since I doubled the batch I had some today as a dip with corn chips for lunch. I like it even better as a dip which isn't surprising since I could eat spoonfuls of basil pesto totally plain. I'm going to try it this week as Mrs. Potter suggests for a school lunch sandwich this week for B. We'll see how that goes.

No fancy photography here. I dipped right from the Rubbermaid container. Yummy!