Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Marinated Artichoke Goat Cheese Dip

If you've read any of my cooking ideas, most of them are inspired by the ingredients from Aldi. They provide affordable gourmet type cooking ingredients. My latest invention is an artichoke goat cheese dip. Normally, I do not buy the marinated artichokes because we add them to pasta Alfredo sauce and the vinegar doesn't really go with the taste I am striving for. But, for some reason I accidentally bought the marinated ones and have discovered that if you whir that up in the food processor (drain about half or more of the liquid) with a log of plain goat cheese it makes a fantastic dip. It could even be used as a pasta salad topping. I can even see using it as a sandwich spread. Yummy!

I ate this for lunch with Aldi's organic blue corn chips. Delicious!