Thursday, May 8, 2014

Actual Crafts

I can't believe it has been two weeks since my last post. Exercise-wise has been going ok actually. With the warm weather, I am taking more walks and still trying to run about once a week. I'm feeling pretty svelte these days...I started to but did not finish cleaning out the closet and pulled all the clothes that I have been keeping in the back that have not fit for a couple of years. Amazingly just about everything fit well! So, I am pretty much back to where I was three to four years ago which makes me pretty happy :-)

F. is having his 4th birthday on the 20th. I was thinking for his class gift of melting down old crayons in a star muffin mold I bought years ago specifically for this project but never did. I think the kids will like it. I've been doing some research and there are different ideas out there on how to do it. Basically, the oven needs to be anywhere from 150-275 and they melt in about 12-20 minutes depending on the temperature and the type of crayons you are using. I'm really looking forward to doing this project with F. and I think he will like it too. Pictures later...

B. has had family kindergarten projects due just about every month I think. Don't get me started on my rant of schools micromanaging my family time, forcing us to work together and have fun! Sounds good on the surface, but again I feel like Big Brother is just in my business a little too much sometimes. Like we don't spend time together doing things unless it's assigned by the school. I'm sure it is all with good intentions, really, just don't want to get on a rant about kindergarten homework. Anyhow, this month, we have to make a timeline of the student's life with photos or we can draw the pictures. Since we didn't have time to compile and order from digital prints, I'm thinking I will attempt a simple line drawing from the pictures that he chooses and then he can color them. He only needs 4-6, so that seems doable. Pictures later...

I made a bracelet for my etsy shop by haven't been able to upload proper etsy pictures. For some reason they want them bigger. Anyhow, here is what I did. It took me about 30 minutes and I was thinking of charging $10.


That's all for today! Until next time!