Thursday, April 17, 2014

41 Days

Has it really been that long since Lent began? Has it really been that long since I went on a mission to get into better shape and lose my twin belly that even a tummy control swimsuit wouldn't hide? Well, I guess the answer is yes, it has been that long. I am due for a photograph. I had plans to have Mr. Hausfrau take one Wednesday, then Thursday, and it still didn't get done. It's coming.

Life in this house with the big family that I have is crazy. There is no time for anything. Or at least that is how it feels sometimes. Giving up Facebook has saved me so much time though. I was undisciplined and eager for some communication I suppose. I checked it all the time. I used to be that way with email, but no one really even emails anymore. Texting? Not much going on here either and that is ok. At any rate, I really don't miss Facebook at all. I suppose I will check it out weekly like Mr. Hausfrau does on Friday or Saturday night while watching tv or something, but otherwise I think it has helped me be a better mom. A hands-free mamma. I haven't read this book yet, but I think I get the idea and it's a good one. It's less on my mind so I can pay attention to the little ones around me. Afterall, I've got work taking up a bit of my time during the day and that is plenty enough to handle.

I digress...again. So, exercise...Not many sit-ups have been done. I've been walking more with the warmer weather, at least 30 minutes on most days with the kids and I am still running once a week. I wish the running could be more, but there just isn't time.

I had a hard time giving up snacks too. There were so many days that I barely ate anything for lunch or dinner that I felt the right and the need to eat more outside of meal time. When discipline issues arise with the kids, sometimes it can get me down and I completely lose my appetite. This has happened several times in the past few weeks, but I usually made up for it later although not in a huge way.

Anyhow, this post isn't really a good post unless I get the picture up. With this being Easter weekend, things may get busy, but perhaps Saturday there will be some time after lunch. That is the time that I have had the picture taken. I do notice in the morning that I'm very close to having a flat belly, but eating makes it grow again and by dinnertime, whew, it seems pretty big again sometimes. Alright. So, picture--SOON.