Thursday, March 27, 2014

17, 18 , 19 , 20



Since Saturday, I was able to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes yesterday. Today I will probably not get to do anything. If I get a chance I will do some pelvic floor strengthening exercises and situps. My appetite is back although I am trying to really listen when I am full and not just continue to eat blindly or rather deafly...if that makes sense.

I know no one is really reading this and some may wonder why even bother to write about it? I've felt called to write for years. For many of my younger years, writing was my outlet to vent and complain and moan and groan about life. It was also a place to share my joy. I burned many of my journals, but tore out the pages that described when I met Mr. Hausfrau because those were happy memories. Some people are so organized that they wrote about when they had children. I wish I would have had the time. There is a little bit at least.

I've continued on with clearing out the house and have drawn my attention to the kitchen pantry. I used up some spelt berries that I had sitting around for over a year and made Spelt Berry Salad several times using this recipe:

2 c cooked black beans
2 cup cooked spelt berry
2 c diced cucumber
1 red pepper diced
1 large tomato diced
1 small red onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
2 T fresh dill chopped

Dressing:
2 T olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
2T lemon juice
1 t mustard
1/4 t sea salt

I didn't have all the ingredients for the salad the second and third time around, but it still was pretty good. I will miss spelt berries a little bit, but probably won't go seeking them out again.

I am also using up my aloe plant as I've run out of diaper cream and vaseline. Plus, the aloe plant could use a pruning.



I gave the dog a toy that had been lying around for 2 years that she tore when she first came home, angrily thinking that I would repair it. The kids have so many stuffed animals, I finally decided that our pup can have the lovey and rip it to shreds if that is what she would like to do.

I also cleaned out the bra drawer. I was surprised how many I owned, how many did not fit well and how many were so old. Going through so many bodily changes and phases in the past 6 years I guess I acquired more that I need and held on to some that were not in the best shape or very comfortable. I am focused on keeping only those things that are comfortable--including all clothing.

In June I am planning on having a garage sale to start clearing out some of the baby things that have accumulated, as well as other things like water bottles. We have entirely too many water bottles--freebies from whatever events that we've gone to. Furniture will also be gone through. We've got an old desk, desk chair, and 2 lower sitting director type chairs that there just is no room for. It feels so good to think about cleaning and clearing things out. I wish it would happen soon!