Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yummy Cucumber Salad

Mmmmm....


This recipe is a take on a cucumber salad my Omi (grandma) used to make. She used to grate the cucumber and then squeeze out all the juice/water first. My mom still does that. This seems like too much work to me, so I just slice the cucumber as thin as I can and don't worry about the cucumber juice. It still tastes good!

Here's a picture of my lunch (probably half of it is from our CSA package):


Cucumber Salad Recipe
Ingredients:

1 peeled sliced cucumber
1 clove garlic, pressed
some fresh chopped dill
1/2 t salt (or more depending on your tastes)
a little black pepper if you wish
2 big dollops of sour cream (I've also substituted plain yogurt)
splash vinegar

Mix all ingredients in bowl until cucumber slices are covered. Enjoy!