Tuesday, July 19, 2011

5 Katherine Johnson Fairview Park OH 544 37 107 30:49.5 9:56/M

Well, I ran my first 5K on Sunday and the above are my stats. I was a little disappointed to finish last in my age category, but felt a little better that I beat a few people that were younger than me. Overall I finished 107 out of 145. I didn't think that I would get into another race, but I'm already starting to think about entering one so that I can improve my time. Maybe that's how these things become addictive. Because I could never see myself running races all the time. First off, I don't like to spend money and most races seem to cost about $20 pre-registration. Oh well, I'll have to take money from somewhere else in life to put it toward running. Weird...I'm not generally competitive but feel like I can do better and want to do better. Ok, for fun, here's what's on my Running Playlist:

1. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love: Van Halen
2. Authority Song: John Mellencamp
3. Everlong: Foo Fighters
4. Girlfriend: Mathew Sweet
5. Laid: James
6. Just Can't Get Enough: Depeche Mode (I plan to delete this--I always want to skip it when it comes on)
7. Machinehead: Bush
8. Skater Boy: Avril Levigne (I'm usually done with my 5K sometime during this song, but once I delete song no. 6 or hit shuffle, I'll get to hear...)
9. Let's Get Crazy: Prince
10. Don't Stop Believin': Journey
11. Mr. Brightside: The Killers
12. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight: The Postal Service

And that's it! I've got to say no. 3 and no. 7 really keep me moving. What's on your playlist?