Thursday, June 30, 2011

What I Wear and How I Wear It

Well, I've taken a bit of inspiration from According to Kelly and have been trying to spiff myself up a bit. I find that most days, my life is just here at home with the two little ones and we are outside playing. My daily chores include laundry, doing dishes, cooking three meals (usually), changing diapers (a lot of poop), and, well, you know, hausfrau stuff. So, I'm thinking I can't get too fancy. Summer is here and shorts or capris are usually the pick for the day. Sometimes I'll throw on an older summer dress or skirt. T-shirts are also a must have although they are typically a little fancier than a plain T. Like I said, I'm trying to spiff it up here. When I run errands on Saturday I snaz it up a bit and I've been accessorizing more. And, I've been using the accessories that I have instead of buying new. I recently went through my jewelry box and found a lot of stuff that just doesn't work for me, but also a lot of stuff that does. I felt really good today giving our three neighbor girls each a set of pearls. I mean, really, I have 6 strands (costume) and some are so similar, it just seemed silly to hold onto them. I digress...so, here is what I wore one day to church. I realize now that I think this outfit makes me look shorter. I'm thinking it's the length of the skirt? Or combination of the knee length skirt with the flats? Not sure. My "additions" to this outfit was the jacket and the tie belt, which is literally one of my dad's old ties that I made the ends the same width. I really like this belt and have been wearing it more and more lately. I also like to tie it in a bow when worn through belt loops. Anyhow, the short stature issue...that is bugging me. I either need to wear heels, which for me is wedgies (for day to day) or shorter skirts! Right? What do you think? I'm up for a critique here, really! No offense will be taken...