Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Shorts for Bodhi

I tried the be festive and use a contrasting red thread, but it doesn't even show up that well


The shorts are a bit long in the rise--no wonder the seam tore after only a few hours. Note the encased side-seam with more red thread. I don't think I will do any more encased seams with knits. This method works better with wovens.
Now that the warm days of summer are here, my clothing inventory for Bodhi seems a bit off...I thought he'd have enough clothes after I made him two pair of shorts, but there have been a few days where I've had to put the poor kid in pants because he's run out of shorts during the week. Also, since he likes to be covered by his comforter when he sleeps, he gets pretty hot at night and needs some sleep shorts too! So, yesterday I finished another pair of knit shorts made from one of Mike's old polo shirts. He's wearing them now and has already torn a seam, so I'll repair them today too...