Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Celebrate the Boy Shorts!

I'm still working on the whole pants idea for Celebrate the Boy month and focused on the tutorial that Dana offered on MADE. The next pair of shorts I am working on has a baseball pattern on the fabric. I bought some fabric fat quarters for $1.29 on sale at Jo-Ann's and also got the 10% off with the extra President's Day Sale coupon. I've never bought fat quarters before and am not sure why they are even called that--I will have to google it. But, I got a few other cute novelty prints and will be able to make another 2 or 3 pair of shorts and then Bodhi should be set for the summer. And, by the time summer comes, I'll start working on some pants for fall. I've set aside some of our clothes we were going to giveaway for this project. It really is a great savings and they are not difficult to make at all. Now, I'll either have to try my hand at making shirts or buy some new ones for him....Here's what I came up with:



My flat-felled seams look a lot better!
I am pretty proud of how these turned out. There isn't a raw edge in sight. I used french seams and flat-felled seams just about everywhere except for the hem at top and bottom. Bodhi was pretty happy with them too, which makes me feel good. Now, if I can only get him to wear his slippers....