Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas Stocking

Before Christmas, I completed my youngest, Finley's stocking. This was his first Christmas. I made his brother Bodhi's two years ago. Bodhi didn't get his stocking for his first Christmas because I was having the hardest time figuring out how to make it so that the lining was on the inside , the cuff was on the outside, and with no seams showing. Well, thankfully, the following year, Sewing With Nancy on PBS had a special on how to make stockings. I sat watching this program, notebook and pen in one hand, remote control in the other. I kept rewinding so I could take accurate notes and that's exactly what I did. This year, I was able to bust out this stocking in several hours, spread out over several days of course. Being a mom has taught me great time management skills and how to use 15 minutes at a time really well. It's amazing what you can accomplish in little spurts of time. I actually kind of enjoy it--who needs large spans of time? I'll take my small windows of opportunity!


Finn's new stocking on the left. Bodhi's stocking on the right.

Iron-on detail my mom gave me years ago.


I really like the added piping.