Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Boys, boys, boys!

I need to come up with an original idea sometime for something...but, in the mean time, I will be trying out (copying) some of the ideas from the MADE blog and Made by Rae this month. Starting February 15, Dana and Rae will be offering TWO ideas a day of creative projects to do for BOYS. Awesome. So, let's...


The first project I am working on from Rae also fulfills one of my New Year's resolutions. Yay!  I am working on a pair of slippers for Bodhi and Finley. I bought some fleece a while back and had it on my list to try to draft a pattern or figure out how to make these slippers, but Rae did the work for me, which is great. Only thing is I ran out of fleece, so I am improvising and using some khaki twill for the outside of the slippers from a pair of Mike's khakis that were reformed into shorts. I saved the fleece for the inside of the slipper so that it will be cozy feeling. I'm trying not to buy new fabrics or materials until I use as much of my own as I can. I'll keep you posted.