Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Turtles

Did you think I was going to write about candy? 

No, I'm really going to write about the green reptile.
Isn't he so cute?




I'm making little felted turtles for my 2-year old's friends for Christmas. I think these turtles will fit perfectly in their little hands. I found the pattern through Ric-Rac's blog. Jodie is the best! Her stuffed animal patterns and downloads are the cutest around and she photographs them so well--I am still learning, as you might note by the pictures I got of this particular turtle. This was my first one and I have six or more to go. I'll do another post later to show my improvements. Anyhow, I decided to make this first one an ornament by adding the ribbon. We had our garden club holiday dinner with an ornament exchange and I thought this would be a cute idea. The woman that chose my ornament liked it so much she had me hide it in back of the tree so no one else would choose it (thanks, Melissa!).