Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Floral Arrangement

Tuesday evening was our local garden club's meeting and the presentation was on floral arranging. Members brought in clippings from their gardens ranging from shrubbery like arborvitae to greenery like ferns and holly and flowers like hydrangea (these are the only plants that I can name from the selections--I'm still learning). Feathers were also thrown in the mix and it was reported that they are very popular in the floral industry, especially pheasant and ostrich. There were a lot of leftovers after the presentation, so I took some home in a grocery bag someone gave me. All of the combined cuttings were beautiful just in that plastic bag! When I got home, I immediately started to put things together in some vases I had in the house and I think they look great. It was really easy with all of the great materials I had to work with. Here is what I came up with:




By the way, I made the two ceramic containers in a college art course.