Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Clean-Up

There's something about those Indian Summer days that just makes fall clean-up so appealing. Today I started to cut down my perennials and clean out my flower beds. Among all the brown fallen leaves and bare green pants devoid of any other color was this beautiful yellow-orange poppy. Isn't it lovely?


To me it represents a hopeful seed of all of the wonderful life that will flourish next spring and all of the creative work to be done in the garden.

I enjoy all of the seasons and look forward to the hibernation that winter offers. With all the time spent indoors, many projects can finally be crossed off my list. Lots of sewing to do, scrap-booking to catch up on, card-making, and I'm sure there are other projects that I haven't even thought of yet. I can't wait to share them with you.

P.S. Believe it or not, the next day there were TWO poppies blooming...they must enjoy the coldfront that just moved in.